Friday, November 27, 2009

5 Old/New School Things GeekyClown wants for Christmas - Pt 1

Join GeekyClown's Fan Page on Facebook | Follow me on Twitter

5.) OLD SCHOOL: AIBO. He was a robotic dog. I may have a real dog but this was a robot. While Sony retired it in 2006, he/she would be a sweet addition under the tree. AI may have been a common fad (Matrix days) but AIBO made it seem like it was possible to have in my own home - like having a Terminator dog but it would be for good instead of just wanting to kill John or Sarah Connor. And, on top of everything else, it would really mess with my dog's mind. Priced on eBay at around $1000.

4.) NEW SCHOOL: MacBook Air. I know that I am generally a Windows guy, but c'mon, this thing is just cool - powerful as hell and just three pounds. The Dell Precision 6300 I am typing this on weighs about five times that and the air is now starting at $1499.

3.) NEW SCHOOL: Droid. I hate the contract that you have to sign for it but it looks like a nice iPhone competitor that Verizon desperately needs. A required $30 addition to your bill for a 5 gig cap on bandwidth doesn't thrill me, but I could talk about my droid like I was in the Star Wars universe, and who doesn't want that? Price: $199.99

2.) OLD SCHOOL: A Turbo-Grafx CD-ROM w/ Y's. Y's book 1 & 2 is/are super old school - great soundtrack, great graphics, fun as hell, and I can't find my old system from '92. I still have a nostalgic recollection of a gentleman explaining to me that, "Genesis is nothing. The Turbo-Grafx IS 16 bit" at Electronics Boutique (now known as EB (like Kentucky Fried Chicken is now known as KFC)). There is a TG-16:CD available on eBay right now for $899 and Y's is currently $33.99. If you are hesitant, just think, the $899 comes with free shipping.

1.) NEW SCHOOL TO BE OLD SCHOOL: A Wii. I am the only person on this planet that doesn't own one. That can't be possible, can it? Priced at: $199.

No comments:

Post a Comment