Tuesday, July 27, 2010

3 Must Have Chrome Extensions for YouTube

I have mentioned on more than one occasion my love for Google Chrome as a Web browser. Since Google has already made it clear that its intentions are to take over the world and enslave each and every one of us, I highly recommend going along with it and making it as painless as possible. Of course, it is a matter of taste with Firefox fanboys clamoring for more Firefox, Opera lovers claiming lightning speeds, and IE users just waiting for IE9 because just maybe this time, it won't suck in comparison with all the others I just mentioned.

One of the biggest improvements that Google has put into Chrome is the ability to use extensions to better Chrome and some Web sites. They ripped off Firefox on the concept but what are you going to do? I have been on a small YouTube kick the last week or so and thought I would give you three great extensions for using YouTube. Enjoy.

Auto Replace for YouTube DOWNLOAD
This is a cool little tool that puts an 'Auto Replay' check-box above the video you are watching. I find this comes in handy for concert footage and music. Some on the developer's site were bitching that it doesn't automatically replay when you are in a different tab but I haven't found that to be the case - seems to work fine for me so maybe they tweaked it with their latest version.

Auto HD for YouTube DOWNLOAD
This is a no brainer and should be built into YouTube. Just tell the plug-in what preferred quality of video you want in the options and this extension will automatically make it in HD (if it is available in HD of course).

Youtube Thumbs DOWNLOAD
Another little tool that I have gotten accustomed to using. It allows you to hover over thumbs to animate a little. Helps to avoid some useless search results (or Rick Rolls).

No comments:

Post a Comment