Monday, August 30, 2010

Dear Nintendo of America, I have some Advice for you...

I have been meaning to write about this but, like so many other things, it keeps getting swept under the rug. Anyway, as I discussed in my post Shadow of the Ninja: I Don’t Mean to Toot my Own Horn but…Toot, Toot, Nintendo of America must sit and wait for GeekyClown to send out a post on what they should do next so here it is - release Xenoblade in America. One of the things I was really hoping to hear about at E3 this year was Xenoblade being released in the states and, to my dismay, was let down. I realize that Nintendo is trying to stick to their core character games, Metroid, Mario, and Zelda to keep the casual gamer market busy. Hell even Super Mario Galaxy 2 (arguably the best game for the Wii right now) is simplistic in nature so that the one or two hour a week gamer can just pick it up and play without having to break out the manual or having to practice repeatedly to get combinations, etc. down. That is why many hardcore gamers consider the Wii the weakest of the current generation systems - it doesn't have many games that appeal to the hardcore gamer.

That brings me to Xenoblade - what looks to be a great RPG. I can't say for certain since I haven't had the ability to play it, because, as of right now, it is only released in Japan. That being said, graphically it looks to be one of the highlights of the Wii's library and the soundtrack sounds incredible. However, Nintendo seems content to leave the hardcore gamers to their 360 and PS3, while giving the masses their fill of Mario. So, Nintendo if you are reading - do me a favor and go ahead and release Xenoblade here and let me be able to use my Wii for something more than Super Mario Galaxy and Wii Resort. Thank you. GeekyClown

No comments:

Post a Comment