Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mini-review: WHITE - Paint meets FPS




I started playing WHITE this morning and the next thing I know, an hour-and-a-half had passed and now I will need to work through my lunch to make up the time lost.  It isn't that WHITE is really interesting or difficult (there is NO difficulty in fact), it is just so damn bizarre that it makes it rather fun to run around and shoot little paint pellets to create art.  And that is the gist of the game.  You literally run around a canvas shooting little 'Calvis' to make a painting.  At the end, you are given a score based on your painting.  An ok FPS that hosts an array of weapons including a shotgun and, my personal favorite, a N64 GoldenEye-esque grenade launcher.  This was apparently a school project for the developer and is available for free so I would recommend grabbing it (word of warning, it is 211 MB so a little inflated), but don't play it when you have other things to do - as it does have the ability to suck you in.


Final analysis. Graphics: ok, kind of 3-D Pac-Manish. Audio: ok, but the sounds of the Calvis kind of made me feel bad shooting them. Playability: good, I will end up playing it again just because of its fun level. Controls: ok - average for a FPS. Realism: walking around shooting paint balls name Calvis with a grenade launcher. Worth $0: hell, yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment