Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Extra Life 2014 - Four Days Away - What I'm Playing

I was unable to do the national Extra Life day this past Saturday due to prior engagements (I sounds so important).  However, the October 25th event was weak since it was just 24 hours long.  Out in my neck of the woods, we have daylight savings time coming this Saturday which means after I have been at it for eighteen hours and 2 a.m. hits, I go back to 1 a.m.  The Midwest is unforgiving.

So, how do I plan to occupy my 25 hours of gaming.

First and foremost, it has been a good two years since I completed Super Mario Bros.(the original NES) so that is what I plan to start with.  I know the levels 8-3 and 8-4 are going to anger me to my core like I was eleven years old again, and that I look forward to.

I plan to follow that with Contra.  Yes, I am going to be weak and use the 30-lives cheat.  I have too many games I want to play and don't want to have to quit only a couple hours in to choke elderly walkers by with my NES cord out of frustration.

I will close out my NES time with Double Dragon.  I'm coming for you machine gun Willie!

Then, I will spend some time finally with Casltevania: Symphony of the Night.  I have been talking about that on Twitter for weeks and really haven't put in the time that game deserves.

I know I have multiple friends who are planning on stopping by, quite possibly bringing alcohol (which may infringe on my goals - but alcohol), so Grand Theft Auto V will be a requirement.

Finally, I plan on spending more time with Alien Isolation.   I have to get by the damn droids.  Those bastards kill me waaaay more than the alien has thus far.

Any other suggestion, tweet to me @bbradley1975.  Also, anyone else doing Extra Life that evening, let me know - we can keep each other company.

If you are a kind soul and wish to support me, here is my Extra Life page.  I am currently at $0 which is just damn embarrassing.  I will be contributing my own money on Friday but perhaps there are people out there who do not hate children.  http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=105003

No comments:

Post a Comment