Thursday, October 2, 2014

Retro Tip: Beating Dracula in Super Castlevania IV

I was going to play Child of Eden last night but the realization that I needed to hook Kinect up in order to get the full enjoyment of it put a damper on that (because, well...I'm lazy).  So I decided to supplement Child of Eden with Super Castlevania IV.

I have beaten Super Castlevania IV twice in my life.  Once in the mid-90's and again about four years ago.  I always enjoyed the Castlevania series and since I am warming myself up for my anticipated copy of Symphony of the Night, I found this to be a fitting title for my Wednesday night gaming.

If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen that I was not so thrilled with my rusty abilities after four years of no Castlevania training.


So now, here I am at work pondering if I will be able to once again beat Castlevania IV prior to my copy of Symphony of the Night coming in (expected delivery is today).  I have plans this weekend so beating both games is out of the question - especially since I have not played SotN yet.  The conundrum, beat Castlevania IV for a third time or just move on to its successor.  

While I ponder this, I will admit that I did use a borderline cheat when beating Castlevania IV.  Dracula is just a pain to defeat without this little trick but I thought I would show anyone who doesn't know about it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment