Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What I'm Playing this Week - October 1, 2014 Edition

Since I am dedicated to writing a post a day, I thought I would start simple and just say what I am playing this week.  I took the kind word of my terrific Twitter followers and picked up this bad boy for Symphony of the Night.


Seeing as SOTN was released in 1997, I guess it is about time I play it.  Plus I get Super Contra and Frogger to boot.  I'm hoping Super Contra isn't as ridiculously hard as the NES version but I have a feeling it will be.

Also, I started to play one of my favorite Zelda games again, Link to the Past for SNES.  It's been nearly twenty years (holy hell, did I just type that) since I beat it and thought I would go ahead and give it another go.  I have to say, even though I am only through the first dungeon, it still holds up.  Above and beyond that, it doesn't look terrible on my big screen flat panel HDTV.  I still cannot stand the dungeon rooms that require a torch.  Come on already!


Which leads me to this evening.  Generally speaking, Wednesday nights are my night's to just chill with a bottle of wine and catch up on a few hours of gaming.  Since Symphony of the Night hasn't come in yet, I will be trying something new that I picked up this week.  

This was basically a random pick-up I made.  I know absolutely nothing about it other than the pictures on the back of it looked really cool.  If you have any info, recommendations, etc. let me know on Twitter.  



No comments:

Post a Comment