Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tunes for Tuesday: Guns N' Roses at Leeds 2010

This past weekend Axl Rose showed that even after all these years and all of the loss in sales, he is still a prima donna showing up onstage an hour late and then throwing a hissy fit when they had to cut the show short because it violated curfew.

Watch the hissy fit here (some NSFW language from the drunken crowd and the prima donna himself)...

 

Anyway, after all is said and done, I still like Guns N' Roses. Actually, let me rephrase that, I like 'Appetite for Destruction' and some of the 'Lies' and the 'Use Your Illusions'. My 'Tunes for Tuesday' (which is a name I just came up with right now, you get it...it's Tuesday...and these are tunes) is the BBC audio of the Leeds festival that Axl claimed he wasn't going to play (he was nice enough to only show up a half-hour late this time). Not really because the current version of Guns N' Roses is worth much but it is a nice sounding show, it is timely, and it makes me nostalgic for my Freshman year of college when Axl would throw all kinds of tantrums while touring 'Use Your Illusion'.

Like these hissy fits here (more NSFW language pretty much just by the prima donna himself)...

 





I'm sure I could find more but, I think you get the point.

This is from the user estebanf - www.estebanfbootlegs.com.ar

Guns N' Roses
Leeds Festival 2010
Bramham Park - Leeds, England
August 29th, 2010

Total Size: 33.4MB (35 098 904 bytes)
Duration: 26:26.969 (69985340 samples)
Sample Rate: 44100 Hz
Channels: 2
Codec: MP3 Codec
Profile: MP3 VBR estimated 180 kbps
Encoding: lossy

01- Welcome To The Jungle (5:31)
02- This I Love (5:17)
03- Street Of Dreams (4:52)
04- November Rain (10:46)

Give it a listen from http://rapidshare.com/files/415971153/GNR-LEEDS2010BBC-ESTEBANF.rar.html

No comments:

Post a Comment