Thursday, December 10, 2009

Farkle Follow Up - The Real Dice Game

Join GeekyClown's Fan Page on Facebook | Follow me on Twitter
On Thanksgiving we were hit with a conundrum, what the hell were we going to do with our time while being forced to succumb to family time.  We decided to go buy a board game and do something "not plugged in" for once.  I found it hysterical that we found a version of Farkle - that used REAL DICE!

Being a fan of the Facebook game (see my Farkle strategy guide here - http://geekyclown.com/?p=35), I was surprised at some of the rule changes.  For one, you have to get to 500 in order to stop rolling.  In my strategy guide, that is my lowest limit to stop.  The second big change I noticed is, three ones are only 300 points.  What is up with that?

While I found my strategy, generally, still worked, it wasn't nearly as effective as the online version.  So, in retrospect, stick with the Facebook version - the other is just so...archaic <shudder>.

No comments:

Post a Comment